With summer temperatures reaching record highs, it is more important than ever to manage your energy bills. Thanks to a strong commitment from Illinois Environmental Council affiliates, energy efficiency is more available to the Illinois public than ever before. The programs listed below provide incentives for both residential and commercial building owners, and can be utilized at any point throughout the year.
Center for Neighborhood Technology
- Illinois Smart Grid Initiative – ISGI is a public private group designed to promote smart grid technology.
- Regional Energy Planning – Beginning with Kane County Energy Solutions, this CNT program seeks to improve energy infrastructure and environment.
- Green Building Research and Evaluation – CNT offers a variety of services including information on green building components, zoning codes, permitting, and incentives.
- Climate Change Analysis – Research conducted in the Chicago area between 2000 and 2005 on climate change.
- CNT Energy is Putting People to Work - Watch a video about CNT’s energy efficiency work.
Citizens Utility Board
- CUB Energy Saver – Shows the best ways to save on residential energy bills. Watch a video from IEC about CUB’s energy efficiency programs.
Midwest Energy Efficiency Alliance
- Marketing Energy Efficiency Webinar Series – In-depth discussions about how energy efficiency is marketed across the Midwest.
- Case Studies and Best Practices – A list of energy efficiency case studies and best practices in buildings across the Midwest.
- Midwest States – A state-by-state list of utilities and helpful programs across the Midwestern.
- Energy Saving Tips – Energy efficiency tips for all seasons.
- The Participating Energy Efficiency Contractor Network (PEEC) – A list of MEEA approved contractors, made available to homeowners and builders.
Ecology Action Center
- Energy Demonstrations – Community presentations, energy education opportunities, and retrofit demonstrations.
- Resources for Business – Provides energy analyses, energy-consulting services, and building operator certification programs for small to medium size businesses.
Foresight Design Initiative
- Programs and Seminars – FDI offers a wide variety of programs and seminars aimed at career and corporate development.
U.S. Green Building Council, Illinois chapter
- Green Professional Building Skills Training – GPRO certifies trades people and contractors in green construction and skills training.
- Greener by Design – An annual show and conference for green buildings.
- Saving Energy, Growing Jobs - Read Environment Illinois’ report on business growth from the sale of energy efficient products and services.
Faith in Place
- Illinois Interfaith Power & Light – A multi-faceted approach that focuses on reducing energy consumption and carbon emissions, as well as moving towards clean energy and green buildings.
These programs provide incentives for both residential and commercial building owners, and can be utilized at any point throughout the year.