The truth about CFLs.
- Their life span has improved 38% since 1999. They now last 4x-10x as long as incandescents.
- The light they cast has also improved; it’s hard to tell the difference between CFL & incandescent.
- You can use them with dimmer switches, you just have to read the package & get the right one.
- The ballast design has been improved to eliminate buzzing noise.
- They are more reasonably priced than you may think: $2-3 per bulb.
- They use a tiny fraction of the energy that an incandescent bulb uses… and the one-year energy savings for switching just one bulb is approximately $6.